Using Your Benefits Debit Card
Your Benefits Debit Card provides quick, easy access to the funds in your reimbursement account(s). Check out these frequently asked questions for more information about your Benefits Debit Card.
What is a Benefits Debit Card?
A Benefits Debit Card allows you to pay for eligible medical expenses using the funds in your Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA), Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA), Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), or Health Savings Account (HSA).
Where can I use my Benefits Debit Card?
Many merchants accept the Benefits Debit Card. To view a list of participating stores, visit Sigis Store Locator. If you have an LPFSA, you will only be able to use the card for dental and vision expenses.
What can I buy with my card?
Your Benefits Debit Card is for eligible medical expenses only. Check out this list of FSA and HSA eligible expenses.
Note: You may not use the card to pay for dependent care expenses.
LPFSAs: If you’ve elected an LPFSA, your expenses are limited to those related to dental and vision. You may use the card for dental and vision expenses only.
Do I need to submit a receipt for every Benefits Debit Card transaction?
HCFSAs and LPFSAs:
Yes. If you use your Benefits Debit Card to pay for an eligible medical expense, you must submit a receipt* for every transaction.
HRAs & HSAs:
No. You do not need to provide a receipt for your Benefits Debit Card purchases to submit a reimbursement claim. However, you should keep all medical receipts as proof of transactions.
How do I submit documentation?
- Log in to your online account or AFmobile
- Select the Additional Documentation button
- Select Reimbursement Account(s)
- Select the pending transaction and click Add Receipt to upload documentation.
What information does a claim documentation or receipt need to include?
Your documentation should include:
- Itemized receipts for an expense
- Original date of service
- Description of service rendered or expense
- Charges for the service or expense
- Provider of the service or expense
- Recipient of the service or expense
How long is my card valid?
Benefits Debit Cards are valid for three years, and you may use the same card each year you participate.
My card was lost or stolen. How do I get a new one?
How do I request additional benefits cards for my family members?
If you have additional debit card users, you’ll need to request cards for them through your online account. Here’s how:
- Log in to your online account.
- Select the Access My Reimbursement Account button.
- Click your Username on the right side of the navigation bar.
- From this page, you can add or update an existing dependent, as well as manage other account details.
- When adding a family member, the dependent or spouse’s Dependent ID is their Social Security number.
- In the Add Family Member window, select the box to Issue Dependent Card.
- When complete, click Next and Save.
My debit card is blocked. How can I reactive it?
If you received a notification or letter in the mail requesting documentation, but failed to provide it to American Fidelity, your Benefits Debit Card will be temporarily blocked.
If I have an LPFSA and a Health Savings Account (HSA), will by Benefits Debit Card work for both?
Yes. If you have both an LPFSA and an HSA, you may use your red Benefits Debit Card for both accounts. Eligible vision and dental expenses will be deducted from the LPFSA first, since those funds expire at the end of your plan year. When your LPFSA funds are gone, your card will then pull from your HSA funds.
Manage Your Reimbursement Account(s)
Your money, your account. Log in or register to get started today!