Reactivate Your Benefits Debit Card
The Internal Revenue Code (IRC) outlines eligible expenses for Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare FSAs), and has strict requirements stating that purchases must be substantiated using an itemized receipt or itemized documentation.
To comply with IRC guidelines, we request documentation of your expense to clearly prove the eligibility of the purchase. If you received letters in the mail requesting documentation but failed to provide it to American Fidelity, your Benefits Debit Card will be temporarily blocked. There are a few ways to get your card unblocked:
- Submit Documentation: To verify your transaction and reactivate your card, please submit an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) or itemized documentation including:
- Original date of service or expense
- Description of service rendered or expense
- Charges for the service or expense
- Provider of the service or expense
- Recipient of the service or expense
For your convenience, there are several ways to return your documentation:
- Mobile app: Use the “Submit Reimbursement” button on AFmobile®
- Online: Upload through your online account
- Fax: Send a toll-free fax to 844-319-3668
- Mail: American Fidelity Assurance Company, Flex Account Administration, PO Box 161968, Altamonte Springs, FL 32716
Still need help?