Dependent Verification Review Service
Do you know who you’re covering on your medical plan?
Many employers may be paying medical premiums for dependents who are not eligible for coverage and not realize it. When ineligible dependents are covered and incurring claims, your overall claims experience may increase, which can increase your future medical premiums. A Dependent Verification Review (DVR) may identify ineligible dependents, and help clean up other important employee data.
Given that the average cost of a dependent policy can run $4,570 annually, the savings from a dependent audit can add up quickly.1
Other Benefits of a Dependent Review
- Helps ensure you are meeting carrier eligibility requirements
- Updates Social Security Numbers for dependents to help complete Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting
- Updates important employee information including emergency contact information and beneficiaries
- Creates an opportunity to communicate and educate employees about benefit changes
Why We Perform In-Person Reviews
Some dependent verification companies offer electronic-only or mail-in reviews, but this can cause delays in validation as well as pose a potential privacy or security risk. At American Fidelity, we exclusively perform DVRs in-person because they:
- Don’t require the transfer of sensitive data, making them more secure
- Save time by completing the review during annual enrollment
- Offer immediate results instead of waiting for processing and mail time
Benefits of a Third Party Provider
While some employers choose to complete the reviews themselves, there are many reasons why using a third party is beneficial:
Because these reviews can be time-consuming, communicating this process to employees in a timely manner is vital to a successful review. We provide letters and group meetings to help communicate what information is needed upfront to help ease frustration. We will also follow up with anyone who hasn’t completed the review with a letter, phone call, or both.
Here is an example of a video communication we provide to your employees before enrollment.
Interested in a Dependent Verification Review?
An annual Dependent Verification Review from American Fidelity can help prevent ineligible dependents from being covered by your medical plan. This service can be completed during your annual enrollment, saving you and your employees time.