A renewed focus: How one district saved 20 hours monthly in processes
The role of the school superintendent is likened to the mother of the district. You want to protect your people – keeping them safe and secure. You also want the very best for them – whether it’s a first-class learning opportunity or an exceptional benefits package.
Union County School District in Kentucky has decades-long history working with American Fidelity.
“American Fidelity’s not an extension of our team, I think they’re part of our team. They’re part of our HR staff, they’re part of our finance team,” said Patricia, Superintendent.
With the current turnover and retention challenges impacting education, Union County has been limited in HR personnel. Today, they employ one benefits coordinator to serve the almost 400-person district.
The district hasn’t had resources to adequately support employees with their benefits.
“Our teachers have limited time, and they don’t want to take up their planning period trying to deal with benefits,” said Patricia.
Union County depends on American Fidelity to:
- Deliver day-to-day efficiencies
- Reduce time involved with billing
- Lower employee stress
“They come in and partner with us so we can stay focused on education. We know all the things in the background are taken care of because American Fidelity is there.”
The expertise American Fidelity has brought throughout the years has allowed staff to fully focus on student achievement and continuous growth.
- American Fidelity fully absorbs the responsibility of answering benefits questions and is onsite and available throughout the day to help staff.
- Multiple benefits enrollment options allow employees to schedule their annual benefit reviews in a format that fits their schedule.
- With American Fidelity’s individual education model, every employee has the opportunity to understand their total benefits package by way of an individual meeting.
- The consistency of a single provider means rates are steady and new products aren’t shopped every few years.
“No one can match the quality customer service that we have with American Fidelity – our employees feel comfortable and are willing to take advantage – a good relationship is hard to build.”
The value Union County is experiencing from a true benefits partner is significant.
- Union County has 83% of employees participating in their benefits program, with a 16% increase in the last five years alone.
- American Fidelity takes on the work equivalent of four days, meeting with 400 employees for a 15-minute benefits session.
- The benefits coordinator saves 20 hours monthly by relying on American Fidelity to answer employee questions.
Patricia stated, “If you’re considering a company, American Fidelity would be the first I would consider because of their quality customer service. You can get ahold of someone 24/7 it’s not an answering machine. Your questions are answered within 24 hours and your needs are met immediately.”
This blog is up to date as of July 2022 and has not been updated for changes in the law, administration or current events.