Cancer Insurance Support
Frequently Asked Questions
AF™Limited Benefit Cancer Insurance is designed to help protect you from the financial pressures of cancer treatment costs and help cover the costs of transportation and lodging if you receive treatment out of town.
Benefits are paid directly to you, so you may use the money toward medical costs or daily living expenses as needed.
- Log in to your online account
- Click the File a Claim button
- Select Insurance Claim
- Upload the requested documentation and click the Upload File button
- Click the Next button and enter the remaining information
- Check the acknowledgment box and click the Submit button
- Touch the File a Claim button on the AFmobile dashboard
- Select the policy you are filing a claim and touch the Choose Files button
- Either snap a photo of your documentation and touch the Attach Documents button or upload it from your mobile device and hit Next
- Follow the prompts and fill out the required information
- Check the acknowledgment box and click on the Submit button
- Fax or Mail
- Download and complete a cancer claim form here. Please note, paper claim filing is not the fastest option.
When filing a cancer insurance claim you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Statement of Insured, completed through your online account or claim form
- Pathology report from first diagnosis of cancer
- Itemized bills with diagnosis from each provider— including a complete breakdown of charges for each date of service
- Prescription drug receipts
- For the transportation benefit, documents showing how many miles you traveled and the date(s) specific to the treatment
We may also need:
- Authorization to Disclose Information Including PHI: This form gives us authorization to get records from your medical provider(s) and others who may hold information necessary for us to review your claim. Upload the form via your online account, or mail or fax it.
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your Major Medical Carrier
Claims are generally processed within 5-7 business days after all required documentation is submitted.
Your cancer policy’s annual diagnostic testing and screening benefit may qualify for quick processing. When you submit your diagnostic testing and screening benefit claim online or through AFmobile, you can receive payment in as little as one day when enrolled in direct deposit. No extra documentation is required.
- Log in to your online account
- Click on the Claims tab
- From the AFmobile dashboard, scroll down to Insurance Claims
- Once a claim has been processed, find the status of the claim under the insurance policy name
Each calendar year, we will pay the indemnity amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits for each covered person who receives a covered screening test. It covers one test per covered person per year.
No. The diagnostic and screening benefit is available without a diagnosis of cancer. This benefit pays an indemnity benefit for a covered person who receives a screening test that is generally medically recognized to detect internal cancer, like a mammogram, colonoscopy, or a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test. You can file a claim for this benefit once per covered person per calendar year.
No. Benefits are payable for the covered person’s ICU confinement due to any accident or sickness, subject to limitations and exclusions as shown in the rider.
A document that details information about specific plan benefits. You can view your Schedule of Benefits in your policy document through your online account.
Children may continue to be covered under a parent’s cancer policy until age 26.
No. Children may continue to be covered under a parent’s cancer policy until age 26 regardless of marital status, student status, and whether they live with you.
Yes. The covered child must contact American Fidelity within 60 days of their 26th birthday to convert to their own policy with no additional medical questions or underwriting.
Yes, the individual cancer base policies are guaranteed renewable for life. As long as you continue to pay required premiums, coverage will continue.
Examples of Cancer Insurance Benefits
For a covered cancer diagnosis, benefits may include:
- Travel and lodging
- Experimental treatment
- Drugs and medicine
- Medical imaging
- Surgery and anesthesia
- Lab work
Log in to your online account to view your policy details.
This benefit pays the indemnity amount for one generally medically recognized internal Cancer screening test per covered person per calendar year.
Tests include but are not limited to:
- ThinPrep Pap Test
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) Blood Test
- Chest X–ray