Four HR technologies to make life easier
The human resources world is rapidly changing. As technology advances, HR departments are taking advantage of new tools and cloud software to make their lives easier. From benefits enrollment platforms to Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and leave and attendance management software, there are a variety of options on the market. These and other tech solutions are becoming essential to keep up with the future of HR.
Popular Technology for HR Professionals
HRIS is a powerful tool for managing employee data. It allows HR professionals to store and access employee information, track employee performance, and generate reports. HRIS can also be used to automate payroll and other HR processes.
Advantages of an HRIS:
- Reduce errors in data entry and provide more accurate reporting.
- Help ensure compliance with government regulations and industry standards.
- Help provide employees with access to their own information, allowing them to be more engaged in their own career development.
- Help reduce costs associated with manual processes and paperwork. This improves overall efficiencies and allows HR staff to focus on more strategic tasks.
Benefits Enrollment Platform
Benefits enrollment platforms are a great way to simplify the benefits enrollment process. They allow employees to easily access their benefits information and make changes as needed. And, they allow HR professionals to manage employee benefits information quickly and accurately.
Three ways a platform can reduce administrative costs and save time.
- Improve communication between employers and employees by providing a central hub for all benefit information. This helps make employees aware of their options and understand their eligible benefits.
- Enhance employee engagement by providing an easy-to-use platform for employees to review and select their benefits.
- Improve data security by providing a secure, centralized system for storing and managing employee benefit information.
Leave and Attendance Management Software
Also known as absence management systems, these are designed to help manage employee leave. They provide an efficient way to track employee absences, approve or deny requests for time off, and manage vacation and sick time. And, with the increase in paid leave laws across the country, many organizations are realizing a greater need to have a single source of truth when it comes to managing paid leave.
A leave administration platform is a powerful tool. A good platform:
- Automates the attendance tracking process, making it easier for employers to keep track of employee absences.
- Streamlines the leave request process, making it easier for employees to submit leave requests and for employers to approve or deny them.
- Helps employers stay compliant with state and federal laws related to employee absences.
- Provides employers with greater visibility into employee absences, allowing them to identify trends and take corrective action if necessary.
- Reduces the administrative burden associated with tracking employee absences, freeing up time for employers to focus on other tasks.
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
An ATS is a software system used to manage the recruitment process. It allows HR professionals to track applicants, manage job postings, and evaluate applicants. An ATS can also be used to generate reports and analyze applicant data. Many organizations have a systematic process for recruiting and onboarding. However, current procedures are becoming more digitized to help optimize processes.
This HR software list, plus more not included, can make life easier for HR professionals by automating tedious tasks. By taking advantage of these modern workplace technologies, HR departments can save time and money, and focus on more important tasks.
This blog is up to date as of May 2023 and has not been updated for changes in the law, administration or current events.