For When Life Changes
Life brings about many changes that can affect an employee’s coverage. These life events may occur outside the Annual Open Enrollment period. In this case, an employee may need to apply for or adjust their coverage. Qualifying life events include:
- Status changes
- Change in marital status
- Birth of a child
- Adopting or placing a child for adoption
- Change in employment status
- HIPAA special enrollment rights
- Certain judgments, decrees, or orders
- Loss of entitlement to Medicare or Medicaid
- Addition or significant improvement of a health and welfare plan
- Loss of coverage under other group health plan by the participant or participant’s spouse
- Change in cost of health and welfare plan coverage
The employee generally has 30 days from the date of the qualifying event to apply for or adjust coverage. The requested coverage change must relate to the qualifying event.
If you have an employee who needs to apply for or adjust coverage, let your account manager know or contact us.
Account Management Changes
At any time, an employee can change their address or banking information for direct deposit online. Simply have them log in to their online account and select My Profile from the home dashboard. Employees can also fill out the appropriate form(s) and mail it to American Fidelity. Click the buttons below to download and print a form.