Annuity Account Support
Manage Your Annuity Account Online
Through your online or mobile account, you can:
- View account balances, transaction statements, and account history
- Access distribution and change forms
- Elect electronic statement delivery
- View monthly and quarterly fund performance returns for variable annuity accounts
- Make inter-fund transfers and asset allocation changes for variable annuity accounts
Frequently Asked Questions
Your account balance, transaction history, account statements, and forms are available online.
For variable annuity account holders, you are also able to reallocate your existing investment options and change your investment options for future contributions online. For instructions on how to change your investment options online, please email email@example.com or contact us at 800-662-1113.
To access your annuity statements online, log in to your online account or AFmobile®, go to Statement on the My Annuities tab, select Enroll in Electronic Delivery of Periodic Statements.
Note: View your statements online to opt in to receive statements electronically.
Statements can be viewed within 30 days after the statement end date. Once you have opted in for electronic delivery, you will receive an email each time a statement is available for viewing. Statements for the past three years will be viewable once you opt in for electronic delivery.
For variable account holders: Confirmation of Transactions reports are produced each time we process a financial transaction on your account, as required. These reports are not currently available online as a paperless option.
This list can be found in the Performance reports for the separate accounts here. Select the download option for your product and you will see the list of investment options available with monthly and quarterly performance reports and a link to the current prospectus.
You can file a death claim by filling out a Death Benefit Claim Form or by contacting Annuity Services at 800-662-1113.
To determine the beneficiary of your policy, please contact Annuity Services at 800-662-1113, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete and submit the Annuities Change of Beneficiary form.
To request a duplicate policy, please contact Annuity Services at 800-662-1113, or email email@example.com.
To cancel your annuity policy, please contact Annuity Services at 800-662-1113, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Contact Annuity Services at 800-662-1113 or email email@example.com to request a change form.
If the contribution is deducted from your paycheck, you will also need to contact your employer or plan administrator to request a change.
Traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Distributions: You can withdraw from your IRA at any time. However, there are tax rules for each type of IRA. Please refer to the distribution guidelines included with the distribution forms for more details.
- Generally you will pay a 10% early withdrawal tax penalty if you withdraw from your IRA before you are 59 ½.
Roth IRA Distributions: You can withdraw from your IRA at any time. However, there are tax rules for each type of IRA. Please refer to the distribution guidelines included with the distribution forms for more details. Generally, a qualified distribution will qualify for a tax-free distribution. Qualifying events may include:
- Attainment of age 59 ½
- A qualified first home purchase
Note: A qualified distribution is any payment or distribution from your Roth IRA that meets the following requirements:
- It is made after the 5-year period beginning with the first tax year for which a contribution was made to a Roth IRA set up for your benefit.
- The payment or distribution is:
- Made on or after the date you reach age 59½
- Made because you are disabled
- Made to a beneficiary or to your estate after your death, or
- One that meets the requirements for first time home buyers (up to a $10,000 lifetime limit).
Log in to your online account and request a distribution by clicking on the Annuity tab. If you don't have an account, you may call Annuity Services at 800-662-1113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for distribution information.
When you have retired or separated from service, you have the following options available to you:
- You may elect to take monthly payments and report the sums received each year as ordinary income. The advantage in this method is that overall taxation should be in a lower tax bracket.
- You may leave the balance on deposit with us until the year you reach age 70½. At that time, you will need to begin receiving the Required Minimum Distribution as an annual payout.
- You may withdraw any portion of these funds at any time. Any amounts withdrawn will be considered taxable income in the current tax year. Generally, we are required to withhold 20% from your distribution for federal income tax. State tax withholding may also be withheld where applicable. And, you may be subject to a 10% federal tax penalty if any money is withdrawn from 403(b) Plans before age 59 ½.
- You may choose to make a “direct rollover” to a Traditional IRA, or an eligible employer plan.
An RMD is the amount of money that must be withdrawn from an employer-sponsored retirement plan or a Traditional IRA when you reach a certain age.
For Traditional IRAs, RMD distributions must begin by April 1 of the year following the calendar year in which you reach age 72, regardless of whether you are still employed. If you have multiple plans, RMD distributions can be taken as an aggregate from one plan.
For a Roth IRA, withdrawals are not required until after the death of the owner.
For 403(b) and 457(b) Plans, RMD distributions must begin by April 1 of the year following the calendar year in which you reach age 72, unless you are still actively employed.
Please contact Annuity Services at 800-662-1113 or email email@example.com to obtain policy loan information. Loans are not available with after-tax, Roth or Traditional IRA Annuities. Loans may be available with 403(b) or 457(b) accounts, if allowed by the Plan rules.
No. The first loan would have to be satisfied before another loan would be permitted.
Log in to your online account, and view your loan balance by clicking on the Annuity tab. You may also call Annuity Services at 800-662-1113 for balance information.
Online and phone payments are not available. You can mail your payment to:
American Fidelity Assurance Company
P.O. Box 25520
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73125-0520
This is dependent upon the plan or vendor you want to transfer from and your American Fidelity 403(b) Plan. Please call us at 800-662-1113 so we can look into your specific plan and discuss options with you.
This is dependent upon your new plan. To start this process, you will need to fill out the 403(b) Outgoing Transfer/Rollover Form. To access this form, log in to your online account, go to the Annuities tab, then select Annuity Forms on the right-hand side of the screen.
Plan for the Future
Are you planning for retirement? Do you know your retirement income goal? And, which savings vehicles are the best fit for your lifestyle?
With some thought and planning, you can create a retirement plan that's right for you and your family. Learn more about planning for your retirement with this short video.
Variable Annuity Prospectus Documents
If you are considering or have already purchased an American Fidelity variable annuity, click below to find and download the prospectus documents.
Prospectus, Monthly and Quarterly Performance Reports