Accident Insurance Support
Frequently Asked Questions
AF™ Limited Benefit Accident Only Insurance is designed to help pay for the treatment of injuries resulting from a covered accident.
Our general policy definition of an accident is “a sudden, unexpected, and unintended event, which results in bodily injury, which is independent of disease or bodily infirmity or any other cause.” You should refer to your policy for your state’s specific policy definition. Log in to view your policy
Benefits are paid directly to you, so you may use the money toward medical costs or daily living expenses as needed.
The number of days, typically calendar days, that must pass before benefits are payable. Calendar days can include work days, holidays, and weekend days. Refer to your specific policy for details.
For American Fidelity to release information to anyone other than the insured, the insured will need to complete the Friends/Family Authorization to Disclose Information Including PHI form.
Or, the insured may create and submit a signed and dated statement indicating who they are giving authorization to speak on their behalf. If the insured is unable to sign their own authorization, we would need a Power of Attorney on file to release any information.
- Log in to your online account
- Click the File a Claim button
- Select Insurance Claim
- Upload the requested documentation and click the Upload File button
- Click the Next button and enter the remaining information
- Check the acknowledgment box and click the Submit button
- Touch the File a Claim button on the AFmobile dashboard
- Select the policy you are filing a claim and touch the Choose Files button
- Either snap a photo of your documentation and touch the Attach Documents button or upload it from your mobile device and hit Next
- Follow the prompts and fill out the required information
- Check the acknowledgment box and click on the Submit button
- Fax or Mail
- Download and complete an accident claim form here. Please note, paper claim filing is not the fastest option.
When filing an accident insurance claim, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Statement of Insured, completed through your online account or claim form
- Medical records or office notes specific to the treatment of injuries due to your accident
We may also need:
- Authorization to Disclose Information Including PHI: This form gives us authorization to get records from your medical provider(s) and others who may hold information necessary for us to review your claim. Upload the form through your online account, mail it in, or fax it.
Claims are generally processed within 5-7 business days after all required documentation is submitted.
However, your accident policy’s annual wellness benefit may qualify for quick processing. When you submit your wellness benefit claim online or through AFmobile, you can receive payment in as little as one day when enrolled in direct deposit. No extra documentation required.
- Log in to your online account
- Click on the Claims tab
- From the AFmobile dashboard, scroll down to Insurance Claims
- Once a claim has been processed, find the status of the claim under the insurance policy name
Unfortunately discharge instructions do not always provide the detailed information needed to determine benefits. Please submit a copy of the complete medical records for all dates of service to avoid potential claim delays.
No. You can submit documentation for the treatment you are receiving now, and continue to send additional documentation as treatment continues until finished. You do not need to wait to submit all documentation at once.
This wellness benefit is payable once per calendar year, per policy (not per person).
This benefit pays a lump sum amount for an annual exam, including immunizations, such as a COVID-19 vaccine or flu shot, and preventive testing. Please note this benefit is not available in all states. Log in to your online account to view your policy details.
No. The term "emergency" simply refers to the time period that treatment was received. Treatment for injuries sustained in a covered accident must occur within 72 hours following the accident to receive this benefit. This benefit is payable for treatment received in either an emergency room or a physician’s office.
The benefit amount is determined based on the Schedule of Benefits of your policy, which lists the eligible benefits and flat amounts payable based on the type of treatment you receive. The policy does not pay based on how much you are billed from the doctor or how much you owe for the treatment.
Log in to your online account to view your plan information.
A document that details information about specific plan benefits. You can view your Schedule of Benefits in your policy document through your online account.
Children may continue to be covered under a parent’s accident policy until age 26.
No. Children may continue to be covered under a parent’s accident policy until age 26 regardless of marital status, student status, and whether they live with you.
Yes. The covered child must contact American Fidelity within 60 days of their 26th birthday to convert to their own policy with no additional medical questions or underwriting.
Yes. The individual accident base policies are guaranteed renewable for life. As long as you continue to pay required premiums, coverage will continue.
Examples of Common Accidents and Insurance Benefits
For a covered accident, treatment benefits may include:
- Emergency room treatment
- Fracture repair
- Laceration repair
- Physical therapy
- Hospital inpatient admission
- Appliances such as crutches and leg braces
Examples of accidental injuries that may be covered:
- Twisted ankle
- Bee stings and spider bites
- Ruptured disk
- Recreational sports-related injuries
- Poison ivy
Get Your Money Faster
Your accident policy’s annual wellness benefit may qualify for quick processing! When you submit your wellness benefit claim online or through AFmobile, you can receive payment in as little as one day when enrolled in direct deposit, no extra documentation required.