File a Critical Illness Insurance Claim
Group Limited Benefit Critical Illness Insurance is designed to pay a lump-sum benefit directly to you if you’re diagnosed with one of the life-altering illnesses covered in your policy. You can use this benefit to help pay for deductibles, copayments, everyday living expenses, or even lost income while you’re away from work recovering.
When filing a critical illness insurance claim, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Statement of Insured, completed via online claim filing or paper claim form
- Attending Physician Statement: Complete the Statement of Insured on the first page, then have the physician in charge of your care complete the remaining pages. Upload the form via your online account, or mail or fax it.
- Medical records or office notes from the date you were first treated for symptoms associated with the condition up to the present
- If filing for occupational HIV/Hepatitis B, C, or D, you will also need to provide an Incident Report or notice of exposure.
- If filing for Sudden Death due to Cardiac Arrest, you will need to provide a copy of the Death Certificate of the insured.
We may also need:
- Authorization to Disclose Information Including PHI: This form gives us the authorization to get records from your medical provider(s) and others who may hold information necessary for us to review your claim. Upload the form via your online account, or mail or fax it.
Did you know?
Your critical illness policy’s annual health testing benefit may qualify for quick processing! When you submit your wellness benefit claim online or through AFmobile, you can receive payment in as little as one day when enrolled in direct deposit, no extra documentation required.
Examples of Critical Illness Insurance Benefits
For a covered illness, you may receive a lump sum benefit for the following:
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Permanent damage due to a stroke
- Permanent paralysis resulting from a covered accident
- Major organ failure
- End stage renal failure
Wellness Screening Benefit
This benefit pays a lump sum when a covered person receives a health screening test. This benefit may also qualify for quick claims processing. Tests include but are not limited to:
- Blood test for triglycerides
- Doppler ultrasound
- Fasting blood glucose
- Serum cholesterol
- Exercise or pharmacologic stress test
- Neuroimaging studies
Log in to your online account to view your policy details.
To file a paper claim, download and print a claim form here.
NOTE: Paper claim filing is not the fastest option. File a claim online or through AFmobile to get your money faster.