File a Cancer Insurance Claim
AF™ Limited Benefit Cancer Insurance is designed to help pay for cancer treatment costs as well as help cover the costs of transportation and lodging if you receive treatment out of town.
When filing a cancer insurance claim you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Statement of Insured, completed via online claim filing or paper claim form
- Pathology report from first diagnosis of cancer
- Itemized bills with diagnosis from each provider - including a complete breakdown of charges for each date of service
- Prescription drug receipts
- For the transportation benefit, documents showing how many miles you traveled and the date(s) specific to the treatment
We may also need:
- Authorization to Disclose Information Including PHI: This form gives us authorization to get records from your medical provider(s) and others who may hold information necessary for us to review your claim. Upload the form via your online account, or mail or fax it.
Did you know?
Your cancer policy’s annual diagnostic testing benefit may qualify for quick processing! When you submit your wellness benefit claim online or through AFmobile, you can receive payment in as little as one day when enrolled in direct deposit, no extra documentation required.
Examples of Cancer Insurance Benefits
For a covered cancer diagnosis, benefits may include:
- Travel and lodging
- Experimental treatment
- Drugs and medicine
- Medical imaging
- Surgery and anesthesia
- Lab work
This benefit pays the indemnity amount for one generally medically recognized internal cancer screening test per covered person, per calendar year. This benefit may also qualify for quick claims processing. Tests include, but are not limited to:
- Pap test
- Prostate-Specific Antigen Blood Test (PSA)
- Chest x–ray
Log in to your online account to view your policy details.
To file a paper claim, download and print a claim form here. NOTE: Paper claim filing is not the fastest option. File a claim online or through AFmobile to get your money faster.