403(b) Tax-Deferred Annuity
American Fidelity offers 403(b) annuities to members of the education community. The advantage of a 403(b) Plan is that your taxable income is reduced by the amount you contribute into the plan. Distributions from your 403(b) are subject to federal income taxes.
An annuity offers you many options upon retirement, such as a guaranteed lifetime income. Tax law permits you to withdraw contributions under certain circumstances outside of retirement but there are restrictions.
• Tax-deferred growth: no annual taxation on earnings as your money grows.
• Competitive interest rate: our fixed annuity earns a competitive interest rate.
• Account statements: sent periodically to report current account value.
• Flexibility: start, stop, increase or decrease your contributions as allowed by your employer’s plan.
• Loan provision: 403(b) plan loans may be available, if allowed by the employer’s plan. If loan guidelines are followed carefully, you will avoid both the income tax and any penalty on loan amounts.
• Investment options: American Fidelity offers both fixed and variable annuities.
The information contained on this and other product pages generally highlights the important features of the particular American Fidelity product listed, and does not constitute a statement of contract, nor a complete description of the conditions, benefits, exclusions and other terms of coverage. The product listed and/or all benefits may not be available in all states and coverage is subject to all applicable policy provisions as authorized by the proper state regulatory authorities. For more complete information, please consult the terms of the product policy form approved in your state or contact us. (FPDA and FVA Series)