OKC Is the Place to Be!
Oklahoma City provides the best of two worlds – a large city full of cultural and entertainment options and a small-town feel with friendly people and a family-focused environment. Oklahoma boasts one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country coupled with a low cost of living. Plus, OKC averages more than 300 days of sunshine each year, making it easy to enjoy the outdoors.
Big City Offerings
- NBA team – OKC Thunder
- College sports – University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University are both nearby for football, basketball and baseball
- Professional hockey – OKC Barons
- Professional baseball –OKC Redhawks
- More than 17 higher education institutions within the metro area
- World-class museums including, the Oklahoma City Art museum, Oklahoma Natural History Museum, the Oklahoma Science Museum and countless galleries and a growing art scene
- One of the nation’s top zoos
- Growing downtown area with local and national restaurants and shops, brand new housing, community areas, botanical garden and great entertainment venues
- Oklahoma City is ranked number one for economic security
- Economic development initiatives that are inspiring more companies to move jobs or their headquarters to OKC, including many in the oil and gas, bio-tech and aerospace fields.
- A community that feels like family
- Variety of suburbs within brief driving distance, whether you’re looking for a trendy, upscale area or an acreage in the country in one of the most affordable housing markets in the country
- Locally owned restaurants near the company headquarters ranging from taco trucks to raw food concepts, steak-houses to sushi palaces
- Oklahoma City ranks as one of the safest places to live in the U.S.
- Ask visitors and newcomers what they like best about Oklahoma, and they’ll almost always mention the friendly people!
There’s no reason to have to choose between the big city lifestyle and small-town peace of mind. Oklahoma City has it all. For more information on Oklahoma City, check out: